Guide to goodybags
A goodybag is a bundle which contains a quota of UK minutes, texts and data. goodybags last for up to one month and can be used whilst you are in the UK, the EU and selected countries.
Your goodybag allowance and your credit balance are separate items. You can check your remaining goodybag minutes and expiry date by calling *100*7# from your giffgaff mobile or via My giffgaff or the giffgaff mobile app or by dialling 43430 then option 2.
If you use all of your goodybag minutes, texts or data before the goodybag's expiry date, you will then be charged out of your credit balance at the standard PAYG rate for calls and texts.
However, if you have less than 100 minutes of calls or 100MB of data remaining, you can instead decide to purchase another goodybag early before the expiry date of the current goodybag.
Let's do it now
How can I buy a goodybag?
It's very easy to buy a goodybag and it can be done online or from your giffgaff phone, just follow these steps:
From your mobile: call 43430 for free and follow the voice prompts along the way.
- Press 1 to Top-up your Credit
- Press 2 to buy a goodybag using your Credit, a voucher or a combination of both
Online: just pick one from the Buy a goodybag section.
You won't be able to use your credit to buy a goodybag if:
- You do not have enough credit to pay for the goodybag you've selected.
- You set your goodybag to recur.
Can I buy a new goodybag before the current one expires?
You can do that if you have less than 100MB or 100 minutes left in your goodybag or you've used the full-speed data allowance (in case you have an Always On goodybag).
There are different ways to buy a goodybag early, depending on the result you want to achieve:
- You want your goodybag to be renewed automatically every month. You will need a recurring goodybag.
- You want to pre-purchase your next goodybag so it starts when your current goodybag expires. You will need a queued goodybag.
- You don't have any data or minutes left in your current goodybag and you want to buy a new one right now. You can buy a goodybag and start it early.
When you purchase a goodybag early, it erases your current goodybag and you will lose all remaining allowances, so we ask you to confirm you are really sure you want to start a new goodybag right now.
- You can start a recurring or queued goodybag up to 9pm on the day of expiry of your active goodybag
- You can queue a goodybag up to 10pm if you complete it online
- You can queue a goodybag if you do it via the 43430 top up line but you must do it before 9pm.
Non-standard calls & texts
Picture messages (MMS), calls to service, premium and other non-standard numbers and other services not included in the goodybag allowance will be debited from your credit. See this article for a detailed list and the UK pricing page for a breakdown of the different call and message costs.
Calls, texts and mobile data while you are using your phone outside of the EU and selected countries are not included in your goodybag and are debited from your credit. The detail of the rate for each location can be found on the Roaming charges page.
Your goodybag cannot be used when you are abroad except in the EU and selected countries where 'Roam like at home'. This is where your calls and texts to landline and mobile numbers both in the UK and in other EU countries and selected destinations are charged as if you were in the UK calling UK landline or mobile numbers. Likewise, your data allowance is used or charged while you are travelling in EU countries and selected destinations as if you were using your phone in the UK.