How do I stop accidental roaming?
If you're travelling close to an EU border, your phone can sometimes pick up a network from the non-EU country on the other side. If this happens, you can end up using a lot of credit without realising it. To stop this from happening you need to force your phone to remain connected to the EU country's network; you do this on your phone by:
- Going to its settings
- Then going to "mobile data" or "wireless networks" or similar
- Find something like “Network selection” or "Network operators" or similar
- Choose the EU country's network you want the phone to stay connected to
If you’re not sure how to do this on your specific phone, ask our friendly community helpers. Make sure to let them know what phone you’re using.
- How do I save money when roaming abroad?
- How much does it cost to use my phone abroad?
- How do I check my credit balance from abroad?