Is my phone locked to another network?
If your phone isn’t working with a giffgaff SIM it may be locked to another network. It will usually say something like, “SIM card not valid”, “SIM lock”, or “Insert correct SIM card”.
- Check if there’s a logo from another network printed on the phone
- Some phones may display a message like, “SIM not accepted” when they’ve been blacklisted as lost or stolen
- Check out Unlockapedia for info on how to unlock your phone
- What’s the default PIN for my giffgaff SIM?
- How do I unlock my phone?
- How do I know if my phone is locked to another network?
- Can I use a phone locked to O2 on the giffgaff network?