Selling your phone - The step by step guide to getting your quote and sell order
We're always looking to offer new and exciting services to our members and since we sell phones to our members, why not offer a fair price for their old phones. So we've partnered up with the awesome folks at Redeem who know all there is to know about recycling phones and now we can offer you the best experience possible if you want to sell your old phone.
Below we have listed the process in simple easy to follow steps to make your journey smoother.
STEP 1: Login or Register for a giffgaff account
You will need to have a giffgaff account to sell your handset with us.
You need an account so that we can keep track of your orders and make sure you get paid for your phone.
If you are not already a giffgaff member you can sign up for a free account within a few minutes here
STEP 2: How to search for your phone or find your IMEI Number
Searching for your handset couldn't be easier. Simply enter the first 3 letters of your handset to view a list of relevant handsets.
The most accurate way to insert your handsets make and model is by using your handset's IMEI number. The IMEI number is a unique number given to all mobile phones and tablets, that can be used to identify the phone. If you enter *#06# your clever phone will make the 15 digit IMEI number magically appear on the screen!
Or if your keypad is broken or your battery is flat please remove the back and you'll find it under the battery. If you've got an iPhone it may be on the SIM holder or the back of your handset.
At the moment we are only accepting specific models of phone which are on the list so if your phone is not on our list it means we can't offer you a price for it at this time.
STEP 3: Grading Your handset
We'd hate to disappoint you, so be sure to answer the questions as accurately as possible. On receipt of your handset our partner Redeem will fully inspected & test your handset BEFORE the final offer for your handset is emailed to you. Any inaccurate / incorrect information may decrease the value of your handset.
You will be asked:
- Which network is your phone locked to.
- If your phone is physically damaged or not - Damage can include screen or casing cracks, scratches, or buttons missing/broken.
- If your phone is fully functional or not - Does your phone charge, make calls/texts and have a fully working screen, camera etc?
- If your device is water damaged - Check for water damage by looking for the indicators on your phone
- If all accounts are removed from your phone
For instruction on how to remove an iCloud or Google account from your phone, please follow the instructions here
If your happy with the information you have provided select the "Sell your phone" button.
STEP 4: Personal Details & Bank Account Information
This is the important part.
We know people worry about entering their bank details, but you don't need to. We take the security of your details and our site very seriously. The giffgaff Marketplace site uses Comodo SSL Security encryption at various stages throughout the site to protect your information. You'll notice the padlock icon appear in your browser to indicate that your information is being transmitted securely (usually found alongside the address bar). This protects it from interception by unintended recipients.
Please make sure all the details you provide are correct so that payment for your handset goes smoothly.
You will be asked to enter the following information in this section:
- Your bank details - Sort Code, Account Number & Name of Account Holder Note: Payment for your handset can be sent to any nominated UK Bank account, so be careful when entering these details.
- Your email address for correspondence. Note: This will be pre-populated with your giffgaff account email address. If you wish to change this please do so here
- Dispatch Details - Your First & Last Name (Pre-populated from your giffgaff account) if these details are incorrect you can change them here, you will also need to provide an address where we can send the prepaid packaging to send us your handset. Using the postcode finder enter your full postcode and select your address from the dropdown box.
- Your Mobile Number - We need this in order to give you updates on the status of your trade-in in a timely way.
Please check that all the details are correct before pressing the confirm button.
STEP 5: Confirmation & Order Tracking
You will receive your sale confirmation number on-screen .
You will also receive a confirmation of your order via email within a few minutes of your order to sell.
You can now track the full progress of your order from the My Phone Sales section within the main giffgaff navigation bar.