Using your mobile abroad
When you go abroad, your device will be able to connect to local network providers, so you can carry on using your giffgaff SIM for calls, texts and data. This is called roaming.
Charges can vary depending on where you are travelling to, so be sure to check the roaming pricing page.
- When you arrive in a new country, you'll receive a text about the roaming charges there
- As a giffgaff member, you’ll enjoy Roaming Like At Home when holidaying in the EU
- Roaming in some countries requires you to have credit in your account
- Check your balance online, on the giffgaff app, by keying *100# [SEND] or dialling 43430, option 2
- You may need to add credit to your account
- The usage statement will show your mobile charges from roaming
- To call a UK number while abroad, you'll need to add the international dialling code: strip off the 0 at the beginning of the number and add +44 instead (or 00 44)
- Roaming Like At Home is for members who spend most of their time in the UK. So if your travels are over an extended period, or you’ve had several trips lately, you’ll no longer be eligible. Find out more here.
- Where can I use my goodybag abroad?
- Where can I use my phone abroad?
- When do I get EU roaming included?