What’s giffgaff doing about coronavirus (Covid-19)
Last updated 6/11/2020
What's giffgaff doing for people struggling?
If you can’t leave the house to buy a giffgaff voucher, or if you’re struggling to get a goodybag or credit for other reasons related to Covid-19, get in touch with our agents.
Can I help?
Absolutely. Visit our goodybank page where you can donate to help struggling members and the wider community.
NHS Covid-19 helpline: 119
The NHS has set up a test and trace helpline for members of the public who want to apply for a Coronavirus test.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19, you can order a test at nhs.uk/coronavirus, or call 119 if you have no Internet access.
Calls to 119 from giffgaff numbers are free of charge.
- Phone loan support. Our phone loan partner, RateSetter, has been getting more calls than usual. For non-urgent support about your phone loan, try their email support service. Or learn more on the RateSetter website
- If you bought your phone with our loan partner Klarna and have any questions about your loan, please contact Klarna’s customer services team to chat 24/7, or you can live chat via the Klarna app
How is giffgaff affected?
As a mobile network that’s mainly online, we’ll continue to operate largely as usual. Our community and agent teams are available for anyone who needs support keeping their phone working. We’ve also asked all staff to work from home wherever possible, so we can continue to make sure giffgaff is working as you expect and fix any issues that come up.
Websites that don’t use any data
We’ve made NHS websites completely free on our network, along with a few others. We’ll review this list as we go to keep it relevant:
Calling hospital 087 numbers
From 5 November 2020 if you call 087 numbers owned by Hospedia, the access charge will be free when calling from a giffgaff SIM. These numbers are used to access the bedside telephones found in some hospitals around the UK.
Usually, if a member calls these numbers they will incur two separate costs, giffgaff’s access charge and Hospedia’s service charge. We’ve made our access charge free so members will only pay the service charge and the cost of the call.
How else can giffgaff help?
Now as much as ever, a sense of community is important. Our community and social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) are always open for all kinds of discussion and chat. Whether you’re a giffgaff member or not, you’re always welcome to jump on and have a bit of a chinwag with others in similar situations.
Remember, you’re in control of your plan with giffgaff. So based on your needs and changes in circumstances, you can choose the plan that is right for you in My giffgaff.
Related articles and blogs
- Tips for working from home
- Tips for staying connected
- Supporting communities and members in need
- Impact stories from the communities across the UK
- Making a difference together
- Empowering communities