Terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before sending us your device(s). You should understand that by submitting an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
We recommend you take note of your IMEI number in case there is a problem with your order. Your IMEI number can be found at the back of your phone under the battery or by typing in *#06#.
Each device sold by you should match the make and model stated when registering your order and meet the following conditions:
- The device must turn on and off.
- The device must be fully functional and complete.
- The screen must be working and intact.
- The battery must be included.
- The device must not be crushed or liquid-damaged.
- The device must be original and meet the manufacturer’s original specifications.
We recommend that you use our detailed valuation tool to obtain a price before you send in your items.
No phone is ever the same so grading does vary from model to model, depending on the damage and condition. To give you an idea of how any damage can affect our valuation please have a look at our table.
Please be aware these are just an outline and damage is judged on a phone by phone basis. These reductions may vary depending on how your item can be reused, resold or recycled.
Type of Damage
- Cracked, customised or missing front or back covers
- Missing or faulty buttons
- Water damaged but the device is still fully functional
- Screen damage (cracked or smashed screen, LCD/pixel damage, display issues)
- Heavy damage to device
- Faulty main menu or home button
- Software faults/device does not connect to a computer
- Blocked, stolen or fake items. Doesn't power on or off or accept a charge
Other damage – for ad hoc damage and anything which affects our ability to refurbish or recycle your order there will be a reduction in price to reflect this damage. In these cases, Marketplace – powered by giffgaff will have the final decision on all device values.
By submitting an order through our site you warrant that the device(s) comply with these terms.
If you have a PIN or Password on any of your items, you should remove this before sending.
Any stolen, blocked, counterfeit or fake devices returned will be held by Marketplace – powered by giffgaff and reported to the police. No payment will be made and the device(s) will not be returned.
Any devices that are sent to Marketplace – powered by giffgaff and do not have a cash back value will be recycled in the greenest possible way.
Get the price quoted or have it returned for free
We allow customers the option to answer some questions to determine how any damage could affect the price offered. If you answered these questions and returned your order within 14 days but get offered a lower valuation, then we will return your order for free.
If you receive a reduction, we will give you 48 hours to arrange to have this returned for free. If after 48 hours we haven’t heard from you, we will process your order for payment.
Prices offered on our website are subject to change at anytime without notice.
Unless we tell you otherwise, when your order has been placed, the prices quoted are guaranteed for 14 days. If your phones are received after 14 days from the order placed date the updated, current prices will apply.
If the device(s) received differs to the device(s) registered on-line, the order will be processed based on the device(s) received, not the device(s) registered.
Marketplace – powered by giffgaff will have the final decision on all device values.
When we receive your order, we will check that it is complete, and that it meets our terms and conditions. Providing it does, we will send by your chosen method normally within 1 working day.
We will pay by faster payment transfer directly into your account within 1 business day of receiving your device, subject to your device(s) being processed before 1pm on a working day and there being no amendment to your original valuation (in which case we will contact you outlining your further options).
If your payment date falls on a weekend or public holiday payment will be made on the next working day. If your bank account does not accept faster payments, a BACs payment will be automatically made.
Please Note: Payment can only be made to the name, address and details provided upon registration and incorrect details may result in delay or non-payment. If your device is re-graded, payment will be made on confirmation that you have accepted the new price we have offered (see terms and conditions for re-grading) or a 48-hour period has passed with no confirmation of acceptance.
We recommend sending all items via the Post Office and high value items by registered post (Special Delivery) this gives you the peace of mind and ability to track your items.
You can also use the Marketplace – powered by giffgaff Pack or label provided. We do not accept responsibility for non-delivery of devices or damage in transit. To avoid any damage during transit we also recommend devices are packaged adequately using protective wrapping.
Registered deliveries should be sent to us at:
Marketplace – powered by giffgaff
Lyme Green Business Park
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ARE HAPPY TO SEND THE DEVICE TO USAND THAT IT IS WITHIN YOUR RIGHTS TO DO SO.
Marketplace – powered by giffgaff is operated by Redeem UK Ltd, by placing an order with Marketplace – powered by giffgaff you are entering into a contract with Redeem UK Ltd. By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- You are resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland;
- You are accessing our site from that country;
- You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract;
- By submitting an order with Marketplace – powered by giffgaff you agree to creating an account with Marketplace – powered by giffgaff unless you’ve told us otherwise by selecting the appropriate option on the order form;
- You are at least 18 years old; or
- If you are under 18 years of age, that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent to sell your device to us for the sum indicated via our website.
You and your parents or guardians release us of any liabilities or claims that may arise if you send the phone to us in breach of this warranty. If you deal as a consumer any provision of this contract which is of no effect to a consumer shall not apply. Your statutory rights are not affected by this contract. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, "consumer" means an individual who neither makes this contract in the course of a business, nor holds himself out as doing so, as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- You are responsible for cancelling any air time contract linked to each handset. We are not responsible for any call costs arising before, or after, receipt of your handset, or arising from any other circumstances what so ever.
- Please remove SIM cards before sending us your mobile. Any SIM cards received by us will be destroyed, and so obviously cannot be returned (We will dispose of them appropriately). We accept no liability in the event that any phone that has been sent with its SIM card is lost and charges are then incurred. You shall continue to be responsible for such charges.
- Please ensure all personal data is removed from devices before sending them to Marketplace – powered by giffgaff. This includes but is not limited to all personal details, SMS, photos, videos, games, songs or other data. Marketplace – powered by giffgaff will not accept responsibility for the security, protection, confidentiality or use of such data. By sending your device to us you agree to release us from all and any losses, claims or damages with respect to the data enclosed or stored therein or on any media used in conjunction with the device.
- To delete data from your iPhone please follow the instructions below:
- From standby select Menu > Settings >General > Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Press Erase iPhone.
- Press Erase iPhone.
Handset will switch off and restart. This may take several minutes. Please do not switch handset off during reset.
How The Contract Is Formed Between You And Us
Marketplace – powered by giffgaff is operated by Redeem UK Ltd, by placing an order with giffgaff marketplace you are entering into a contract with Redeem UK Ltd. Our site is only intended for use by people registered with us and resident in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. At our complete discretion we may accept or reject orders from people outside of these territories. We also reserve the right to reject large volume repeat orders within any 12-month period. Your contract with us will be formed when we receive your order. It will incorporate these terms and conditions. You must own all rights, title and interests in any device(s) that you send to us. Ownership of the device(s) will only pass to us when we receive the devices, in accordance with these terms and conditions, and we have dispatched payment to you, when, hence, a contract will be formed. The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent we may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract. You may cancel the contract with us at any time up to the time when you send us the device ("cooling-off period"), providing:
- the contract was negotiated and concluded exclusively by means of distance communication (including, but not limited to, telephone, letter, fax or email) and
- you are a natural person acting outside the purposes of any business.
When cancelling during the cooling-off period, you need not give us any reason for cancelling the contract, nor will you have to pay any administration charges. To cancel the contract you must notify us in writing. This contract cannot be cancelled once our payment has been issued to you.
Events Outside Of Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control or due to our compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.