Skip to content

SIM & number

Keep your number when you join giffgaff

To transfer your phone number to giffgaff, you first need to ask your old mobile provider for a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). You can use then use the transfer form to submit your PAC and choose a date for the transfer. If your number has not been transferred by the day after the scheduled date, you can contact an agent about it.We can only transfer UK numbers to giffgaff.

Learn more about transferring your number

Transfer your number to a new SIM

When you change your SIM card to a different SIM (e.g. to change to a nano SIM) you can transfer your number and existing credits and goodybag by performing a SIM Swap.

Learn more about SIM Swap

Phone number deactivation

SIM cards are deactivated if they are not used for 6 months. If you want to prevent deactivation, make sure you use your phone from time to time.

Learn more about SIM deactivation

Change your phone number

If you need to change your phone number but do not want to create a new account and change your SIM card, you can do this in My profile & settings.

Keep your phone number when you leave giffgaff

If you are leaving giffgaff for another mobile provider, you'll probably want to keep your phone number. To transfer your number, you will need to give a Porting Authorisation Code to your new network. You can ask for your PAC code here.

Learn more about the Porting Authorisation Code

Search for answers

Ask the Community

Having trouble finding the right answer? Sign into your my giffgaff account and ask the community a question. Don't be shy.

Ask a question to the Community

The Knowledge Base

Find more FAQs in our Knowledge Base